Cleaning up after play: This is the ultimate toy cleaner guide
First play, then clean up: This is how you use your your toy cleaner
Sex toys are becoming an important (and fun!) part of their sex lives for more and more people. Whether it's to give their solo play a boost, or to give their partner sex a twist. But there is a practical side to all the fun. Because just like you wash your hands before cooking, your hair after exercise, you wash your sex toys after playing. This way you ensure that your sex toy only remains fun (and not the cause of infections or bacteria). In this guide we explain how.
Cleaning your sex toys: why?
You clean your toys of course for hygiene reasons. By cleaning your toys after every use, you prevent bacteria from settling on or in them, you reduce the chance of a vaginal yeast infection and you prevent STDs. Cleaning is especially important with porous materials, such as rubber or latex.
Moreover, your toys will last longer if you take good care of them! Hey, who said sex and sustainability didn't go hand in hand?
Because the physical areas where you use sex toys have their specific properties – such as pH levels and sensitivities – use a special toy cleaner to clean them.
What is a toy cleaner?
The natural toy cleaner is a means with which you can safely clean all your toys. Dildos, vibrators, your harness, butt plug, gag balls. Whatever you have on your nightstand or under your bed. Our toy cleaner has been dermatologically tested, is water- and grease-free and has an optimal pH value. In this way, the intimate skin does not get out of balance.
Our toy cleaner is suitable for cleaning products made of rubber, latex, silicone, glass and leather.
How do I clean my toys?
First of all, you need to know what material your toy is made of. If it is made of rubber, latex, silicone, glass or leather – which will be the case in 99% of the cases – use our Aia* natural toy cleaner. Otherwise, find an alternative. Then you can get started. Here are some do's and don'ts for cleaning and keeping your sex toys:
- Clean your toy immediately after use. Okay, of course you can relax or take a breather. But don't wait days to clean.
- Use cleaning products that are safe for your body, such as our Aia* natural toy cleaner.- Silicone, stainless steel and glass toys can also be cleaned by placing them in boiling water.-
- Be extra careful if you use or share toys with more than one person. Residual dirt can transmit STDs.
- Check before use whether your toy still looks good. Does the material still look sturdy? Is there no dust on it?
- Are you in doubt? Better be safe than sorry. It's time to thank your toy for service and retire it.
- Use a storage bag. For example of satin or cotton. This way no hair or dust gets on your toys.
- Now we would almost forget the last 'do': have fun!
- Do not use soap or alcohol. Especially the quality of toys made of porous material is deteriorating. This allows more bacteria to hide in your toy.
- Be careful with water when cleaning a battery or electric toy.
- Do not put your toys in the dishwasher. Certainly no toys on batteries or electricity.
- Do not keep toys in warm places. Bacteria and fungi like warm.
- Do not store toys in a plastic bag. A plastic bag does not breathe, which creates unsavory situations and makes porous materials break down faster.
What is in the Aia* natural toy cleaner?
Well, not very much. Our ingredients list is clear and understandable. First, it has water in it. We also use Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate: a water-soluble, sulphate-free substance that is extracted from the coconut. Glycerin occurs naturally in our body and is also an important ingredient of our lubricants. Cocamidopropyl betaine ensures that the cleaner foams nicely when you use it. It comes from coconut oil. Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate is a mild cleaning agent and, like Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, it enhances the foaming effect. Sodium Benzoate is a preservative that ensures that your product stays fresh and fresh. Potassium Sorbate is a natural preservative that is also commonly used in food.
How do you use the Aia* natural toy cleaner?
Cleaning your toys with Aia* toy cleaner is as easy as washing your hands.
- Spray the toy cleaner directly on the toy you want to clean
- Then rinse with water or use a damp cloth. With toys on batteries or electricity, be careful not to get the electrical part wet.
- Dry your toy and store it in a cloth or sealable cotton or satin bag.
To make sure you are not allergic to the toy cleaner, you can put a little on your forearm to see how you react.
Look here for our toy cleaner. Then we only have to say: have fun playing and good luck with cleaning your toy afterwards. Toy, toy, toy.